Indian head massage technique relieves tension and can leave your hair looking luxuriant. Its effect is not just physical, it works on an emotional level too, soothing and relieving stress. The sequence incorporates massage of the shoulders, neck, scalp and face leaving a deep sense of inner peace and tranquility.
Massaging the scalp and face has a profoundly calming effect; relieving areas of held tension and increasing the oxygen supply to the brain. The sequence relieves chronic neck and shoulder stiffness, improving blood and lymph circulation, relaxes the muscles of the scalp and face, relieving tension and migraine headaches, gives a heightened level of alertness and concentration, and promotes improved texture, strength and growth of hair.
This course prepares IHM practitioners to be able to perform a full IHM routine following the principles of traditional IHM adapted to the modern world and according to the ITEC standards .
The goals of the course are to:
- understand the general concept and history of IHM;
- be familiar with the Ayervedic system: concepts like doshas, marmas & chakras;
- go over the benefits of IHM;
- be aware of the contra indications and precautions;
- Look at the oils that can be used in Indian head massage;
- Master the IHM techniques step by step;
- Perform the entire IHM routine;
- Have a general view of other available therapies;
- See possible adaptations (using oils and giving IHM on a massage bed).
The students will study online, using the Naturaclass e-learning platform (moodle). This can take up to 50 hours.
The course material contains:
- Course manuals in PDF (downloadable)
- Course videos (Full routine, step by step and the routine performed in a massage bed)
- Self evaluation and final exam
- Interactive games
All course manuals are in PDF format so they are downloadable to create your own course book.
The videos are displayed by Vimeo and you can view them up to a year after registration.
A disk with all the videos of the course can be sent to you for an extra charge of 18 Euros + shipping cost.
The practical part will be evaluated by showing us your routine in an uploaded video or by attending one of the Indian Head workshops, and by the submission of case studies. (9 sessions of IHM)