Now you can become an ITEC Indian Head Massage Therapist by combining home study and option for intensive weekend workshop in beautiful southern spain
Easy to follow
- The course includes step by step video with explanations
- You will be assigned with a tutor to guide you and to answer any questions
- The course is interactive and includes quiz, games and glossary
- The course is following the ITEC syllabus of IHM
- You will receive an IN-HOUSE DIPLOMA at the end of the course
- Then you will have the option to continue your studies to gain the ITEC DIPLOMA
- Once you have finished the course and you feel you need more practice, you can attend the next practical full weekend workshop in our school with 30% discount
- The course is covering all aspects of IHM and include:
- Seated IHM with oil
- Adaptation of IHM to massage bed
The goals of the course are to:
- understand the general concept and history of IHM;
- be familiar with the Ayurvedic system: concepts like doshas, marmas & chakras;
- go over the benefits of IHM;
- be aware of the contra indications and precautions;
- Look at the oils that can be used in Indian head massage;
- Master the IHM techniques step by step;
- Perform the entire IHM routine;
- Have a general view of other available therapies;
- See possible adaptations (using oils and giving IHM on a massage bed).
The students will study online, using the Naturaclass e-learning platform (moodle). This can take up to 50 hours.
The course material contains:
- Course manuals in PDF (downloadable);
- Course videos (Full routine, step by step and the routine performed in a massage bed);
- Self evaluation and final theoretical exam;
- Interactive games;
All course manuals are in PDF format so they are downloadable to create your own course book.
The videos are displayed by Vimeo and you can view them up to a year after registration.
A disk with all the videos of the course can be sent to you for an extra charge of 18 Euros + shipping cost.
The practical part will be evaluated by showing us your routine in an uploaded video or by attending one of the Indian Head workshops, and the submission of case studies (9 sessions of IHM).
What is Indian Head Massage?
This traditional Indian technique relieves tension and can leave your hair looking luxuriant. Its effect is not just physical: it works on an emotional level too – soothing and relieving stress. The sequence incorporates massage of the shoulders, neck, scalp and face leaving a deep sense of inner peace and tranquillity.
The Indian Head Massage session is practised normally with the recipient sitting upright in a chair. During the session the recipient remains fully clothed, only removing any jewellery . Many enjoy the pleasure of regular sessions relieving the stress and strains of modern life.
Massaging the scalp and face has a profoundly calming effect; relieving areas of held tension and increasing the oxygen supply to the brain. The sequence relieves chronic neck and shoulder stiffness, improves blood and lymph circulation, relaxes the muscles of the scalp and face, relieves tension and headaches, gives a heightened level of alertness and concentration and promotes improved texture, strength and growth of hair. Indian Head Massage gives the receiver a deep sense of inner peace and tranquillity. The duration of each session need only be between 20 to 40 minutes
Indian Head Massage can help to:
- Diminish stress
- Increase your energy
- Balance the brain’s energy
- Reach a deep state of relaxation
- Reduce muscular & nervous tension
- Flush out physical & emotional toxins
- Release back, shoulder & neck pain
- Improve the strength of your hair
- Reduce headaches & eye strain
- Improve your immune system
I was sincerely impressed by the Intensive Course of Holistic Massage by Natura Class. During this week everybody who have been practicing massage techniques became masseurs. With help of professional teachers I am aware now of basic massage routine, I understand which method of impact I need apply in a certain situation, I am confident in my actions towards the human muscles. For me this academy is a perfect place to study massage. Thank you for your approach, Natura Class Academy.
I chose to study Holistic Massage at Naturaclass because they offered possibility to study as a distance part of the studies and the rest in an intensive way in beautiful Malaga! That was absolutely best method for me as I was not living in Malaga! The intensive week passed really fast and we became professionals! The course exceeded totally my expectations! I found my path and I am going to take more courses later on. I really recommend to study at Naturaclass! Teachers are really professionals and dedicated to their work. School offers courses in english and spanish which is really nice! Thank you so much Naturaclass!
I recently completed the intensive holistic massage course which was excellent. Our tutor, Francy, was exceptional. Francy is totally professional in her approach to teaching and to the practice of massage. She is an expert in her field in terms of knowledge and skills and was very supportive and encouraging to us as students. The course was well organised and structured and designed to reinforce and develop your practical skills and understanding within a short timeframe. The course materials were also very helpful. This is an intensive learning experience and requires your total focus for the 7 days but I found it to be a very valuable investment in terms of time and money. My experience is that NaturaClass is a company with integrity dedicated to maintaining high professional standards in the practice and teaching of massage. Highly recommended.
I studied with Naturaclass for a 7 day intensive holistic massage course. I was given all the resources needed to help me, offered support from knowledgeable and inspirational teachers and I made some great friends on the course. Thank you for guiding me in my first steps to becoming a massage therapist - I will be sure to book a course with you again soon.